Goodwood

Goodwood

Tuesday 1 January 2013

What makes people tick?

Tonight I’m treating myself to a (kid’s) supper- fish fingers & mashed potatoes! And whilst I was cooking them I was reminded of a conversation with my friend last week. Let’s call her Rachel.

She had complained to her husband that there weren't enough fish fingers on her plate that evening for tea. The following time he cooked supper he cooked all the fish fingers in the freezer and served her with 40 fish fingers.

I thought this was hilarious.

Rachel said all she could see was fish fingers…

What made him cook 40? Was he being funny? Or was he being difficult? She had no idea and neither do I… but I’m fascinated by what makes people tick and I’m sure there’s the nub of a short story in this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment