Goodwood

Goodwood

Sunday 17 June 2012

The funny thing about Dads






Today is Fathers days. Funny thing but my dad never used to like having a fuss on this day, he thought it was a whole load of stuff and nonsense, just a commercial gimmick. It’s only today that I wish I had made more of a fuss of him as I can’t do this now. I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking this and that there are many others on FB and here in the ‘Blog-o-sphere’ that wish they could share one more day with their dads!



I know how lucky I was to have spent so much time with him, more than most as I was the eldest. He had seven grandchildren and now number eight will have to learn about this lovely man from our collective stories because I have lots of photos of him with his grandchildren. How they loved being encouraged to build and help him mend things and follow him pottering about in the garden.

Miss you loads Dad.

2 comments: