Goodwood

Goodwood

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Life is short...

Today has turned into one of those days that you don’t expect.
Because I’m experiencing a feeling of regret.

That feeling when I knew I should have done something, but I didn't do that something and now it is too late.

I made a friend on Twitter and she and I would meet up for lunch or coffee at Brighton Marina and have a wonderful discussion- it was always a fun date. One that I always looked forward to keeping. Last time we met it was February… so not long ago.

My life got busy- I mean really frantic/hectic type busy. And a nagging voice kept telling me to drop Penelope an email or a text to make our next date. I didn't listen to the nagging voice-over tape in my head.

Another Twitter friend dropped me a DM today to tell me that Penelope died, quite unexpectedly, a little over two weeks ago.

I’m stunned.

No more lunch dates with Penelope discussing our writing progress, as both of us were writing a book.

No more laughs.

Penelope was a lovely lady full of life, laughter and a sense of adventure- I shall miss her company. Rest in peace Penelope, and thank you for all the conversation and kind encouragement you gave me while you were here and we spent time together.

Today’s sad news has served as a timely reminder that I need to keep in touch with more of my friends.

Life is short
Break the rules
Forgive quickly
Kiss slowly
Love truly
Laugh uncontrollably
and
Never regret anything that made you smile


No comments:

Post a Comment