Goodwood

Goodwood

Thursday, 24 November 2011

What do I have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving Day?

Well loads actually! I have my health back… so that’s got to be a winner in anyone’s vocabulary. And I have time to do what I want to do as currently my time is my own. I have a family that love me and I love them. So what more could I possibly want?

I’m looking forward to driving again in a couple of weeks but in the mean time I walk as far as I can and see many things that I would miss if I was driving. And I’ve been a passenger for the past seven weeks and this has allowed me to look out of the window and admire the view more keenly. Peek in to more gardens than I usually see. Observe more detail, like last night’s glorious sunset, a blood orange infused sky.

I sleep well most nights and if it’s damp and foggy outside when I wake, I slide back beneath the sheets and have breakfast in bed and then read a book, before surfacing to have a long soak in the bath. I’m certain a few of my friends with young children would choose to swap with me if they had a chance.

My greatest pleasure recently has been walking along the seafront on a glorious autumn day when the sun has shone and the wind has dropped so that the day is balmy with a gentle onshore breeze giving me a refreshing and delightful walk. It has felt restorative.

These are just a few of the things I have to be grateful for recently and if I sat down and wrote a proper list of gratitude I think it would go on for quite some while.

If you had to sit and write a list what would spring to mind first? A gratefulness for your creativity, an ability to communicate, or simply being here.

Over the next month I’m going to make a daily record of what I have to be grateful for in the run up to Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post and I am left thinking how life affirming it was to read. As someone who is finding it difficult at the moment I thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay - I found you via Ange's blog. Nice to meet you!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post, Kay, well said.
    Happy Thanksgiving, and hope you have an awesome weekend ahead :)

    The first thing that pops into my mind:
    after a life-scare a couple of years ago, I think the most important thing I'm thankful for is being alive. Everything somehow, sooner or later, falls into place from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with estrella05azul, simply being alive is the one thing I'm grateful for every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a Liebster Blog Award for you on my blog, pop along and collect it when you have a moment.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete