Goodwood

Goodwood

Wednesday 1 August 2012

August Action Plan

What made me think this was a good idea?

The plan looks a bit daunting even to me but if I get some of these tasks completed I shall be extremely happy.

A personal project: to publish a book of poetry written by my father.

Short story submissions to competitions – find three + submit work.

Draft Anthology of my short stories – 1st edit.

Rewrites of short 4 stories that need a bit more oomph!

Novel: get word count up to +60K.

Blog:
Post one spot a week minimum – try for two (need inspiration + focus)

Find a new writing course for the autumn to inspire me.

Go to writing group.

Letter writing: Keep friends + family abroad up to speed with news.

Ether Books: Submit one short story…

And finally read more…frequently.

I’ve tried to persuade myself to read, '50 Shades of Grey,' to see for myself what the furore is about, and so that I can form my own opinion. My hairdresser, (bless her) has assured me I need to read this book! To date I remain unconvinced but me thinks it might be a good idea to see why it has been so successful.

Anyone out there that follows me, do you have an opinion on 50 Shades of Grey?

4 comments:

  1. My opinion of fifty shades, is, I'm not reading it! :)

    That's an impressive list. I work better with lists, but sometimes they can just be too daunting. Like you I want to read more. I just need more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca & yes I know that feeling too… of needing more hours in the day.

      Recently reading has been put on a back burner but not sure why however I think it has something to do with the way I read.

      I’ve tried changing genre to see if I could switch off the analytical part of my brain.

      It hasn’t worked yet! I find myself identifying themes or moods and then the book I’m reading gets put down & I begin to write! A bit frustrating as I’ve three books currently on the go and none are getting read while I write.

      Delete
  2. Kay, I have not read 'Fifty Shades' but have read a lot of erotic fiction, and written a little too.

    Obviously, I can't comment on 'Fifty Shades' content, but I am thinking, its been made available to women everywhere easily with Kindle, supermarket sales etc.

    Where as if you wanted a 'Black Lace' book, you either have to go to service stations and search along the top shelf, or order of the internet, and then you have to know what a 'Black Lace' novel is...

    I don't think I shall bother reading it.

    By the way, YOUR LIST LOOKS AWESOME GIRL!

    Really proud of you attempting to tackle what you want to do this month. You can do it!

    Keep us posted, and good luck with your plans. My tip, intersperse with tea and cake on a weekly basis as a well deserved treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria, thank you for the compliment, nice to think that someone thinks I’m awesome, lol, it’s odd but I seem to forget that my production rate is just about the final copy. I do a lot of thinking, lying down usually. In fact I noticed something odd the other day. I relaxed, stretched out on a sun lounger; yes I know an unusual practice this summer.

      However this particular lie down was interrupted by thoughts, thoughts that needed writing down! So I was up & down off that sun lounger faster than a jack in the box, making notes, recording thoughts.

      I wonder why I do my most productive thinking lying down?

      Delete