Goodwood

Goodwood

Monday 14 February 2011

Love, lost or found?

How often have you found love only to lose 'it' sometime later. Cast your mind back to when you were a teenager, how many boyfriends/girlfriends did you fall for? Was it all fun and frolics? Now add on a few more years, I do hope you’re older and wiser, and that you’ve learned from experience, made better choices or not as the case maybe.

I still think kissing is the ‘Best-Contact sport’ ever and if that’s not possible then try Jive! I can highly recommend this will give you a high.

But honestly, each day I know I am loved. I have one fabulous son and five amazing nieces, who call me Giddy-Aunt, (and yes that does sound like someone geeing up a horse!) and one unforgettable nephew! When we spend time together I know that I am loved, they all have special requests and we do stuff that’s fun and they love messing around.

Many a child has been taught the joy of making pancakes in my kitchen and learning to toss a pancake only to discover they can do it! Their smiles tell me just how much fun they’ve had and judging by the size of my hugs I know they’ll come back for more.

Recently I asked two middle nieces what they would most like to do when they spent a day with me. I wasn’t ready for their reply. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I repeat word for word. ‘Aunt can you teach us to Iron?’

Words did fail me but I do remember placing my hands on my hips and thinking this is going to be one cheap day out and laughed so hard I almost wet myself. I had been prepared to spend a small fortune on them and got off scot free.

Oh the love and joy children bring to my life and our lives and I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

1 comment:

  1. So true Kay. You never stop worrying about them but they bring so much happiness! : )

    ReplyDelete