Goodwood

Goodwood

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Summer Observation: No 1

It’s that time of year when shoes had to be checked: do they still fit of has a growing spurt occurred?

It’s that time of year when trouser hems have to be checked: and let down to stop trousers flying at half mast or put up to stop hems dragging along hard surfaces.

It’s that time of year when the most important shopping becomes Stationery: Shiny new folders. Crisp new…unused notepads.

And oh...the smell of fresh crayons.

It’s that time of year when the must have item is a new pencil case.

And…

It’s a time of year I dread: personally I seem to become over reactive to seeing the farmers harvest their fields. I have a huge, actually an immense desire to ask them to stop, to halt their progress that signals the end of summer. I don’t know where this desire to hold back a season comes from but maybe this wish comes as I am a child born in the summer months.

Am I alone in this over reaction?

Do you over react to the fading of the summer months?

No comments:

Post a Comment